Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quick Protein Conditioner

A few weeks ago, I found a recipe for a conditioner on http://www.naturallysexy.co.uk/ (I suggest visting this site, it's cool). Anyway, it was the recipe for a protein conditioner that required egg yolks and water! I decided to try it today. Here are the directions:

Quick Protein Conditioner
2 egg yokes
¼ cup of water
Beat the mixture together and massage through hair well. Put on a plastic cap for thirty minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water (not hot). Make sure all of the egg solution is rinsed from the hair (do not use shampoo). Dry your hair and style as usual.


I decided since it was so liquidy, it would work better if I sprayed the conditioner in my hair. So far, I don't really feel a difference in my hair, but I still have a lot of solution left. I plan on using it again next week. We'll see. Has anyone else used egg yolk in a homemade conditioner? How did it go for you? Let me know.



2 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for sharing this:) I've been needing to use a protein conditioner and I love the idea of making it myself! Let us know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used egg once, it ended up cooking in my hair,my hair was crazy soft and defined but between the yolk smell and trying to pick out the scrambled egg it was a no no for me.

    ReplyDelete